Thursday, August 5, 2010

I love You

I've forgotten this recently. I've been busy making plans, working out what God wants me to do and reminding myself that God loves me, but I forgot how much I love Him.

Yesterday, Imre and I were praying. It was a really cool time. We broke bread and sang hymns, just as the disciples did with Jesus. During that time Imre started to pray and his first sentence really hit me. "Jesus, I love you soooo much!" I've sung it a lot recently, and read it a lot recently, but I haven't said it much. Instantly something changed in me and I realised something new.

In Mark 12, Jesus is asked what the greatest commandment is. The first part of his answer was...

30And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

I need to remember how much I love God and tell Him! Declare it! Of course, my actions will be evidence of my love for Him, but I don't think that 'doing things' is love. It's about my heart.

Jesus, I love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment